Carlos M. Sesma
Location: Mexico City
Practice Areas: Telecommunications, Radio and Television, Press, Intellectual Property, Programming, Entertainment, Corporate, Ground, Maritime and Air Transportation, 3PL Logistics, Foreign Investment, Economic Competition NAFTA
Languages: Spanish and English
Lawyer by Escuela Libre de Derecho, 1974
Member of the Board of Directors of the National Chamber of the Radio and Television Industry for the 1999-2001; 2003-2005; 2007-2009; 2012-2021-2022 terms; Auditor of the Board of Directors of the National Chamber of the Radio and Television Industry for the 2001-2002 term; founding member and member of the Board of Directors of the Telecommunications Law Institute 2003-2013; Secretary of the New Board of Trustees of the National Institute of Cancer, A.C. since 2012; Member of the International Trademark Association; Transportation Lawyers Association of the United States of America; Canadian Transportation Lawyers Association.
He has acted and acts as advisor and legal counselor in various corporations related to the areas of Telecommunications and Radiobroadcasting, in the areas of telephone, restricted television, pagers, trunking, and others, all related to public telecommunication networks or added value permits; Radio, and Television. He actively advises corporations involved in the logistics, international and national transportation and foreign trade sectors, within the wide range of services in the storage, distribution, cross docks and international border crossing areas, etc.
In the area of telecommunications and radiobroadcasting, he has rendered advising services to various corporations of the sector in relation to regulatory aspects and has been involved in multiple negotiations of agreements of similar documents. He has been actively involved in various economic competition actions and investigations related to telecommunication matters.
Likewise, he has been involved in various groups for analyzing and modifying laws and regulation drafts and other applicable provisions related to the telecommunication, radiobroadcasting and transportation sectors.
He has participated in various forum presenting lectures.
He has acted as expert in Mexican laws in the States of Florida and New York, United States of America and has participated in various mediation proceedings within the United States of America.
Thesis “Problemas de Transferencia Tecnológica de México”, 1974
- Best Lawyer – Communications Law y Media and Broadcasting Law
- • Chambers – Telecoms, Media and Technology
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Active member of the National Chamber of the Radio and Television Industry, holding the position of Member of the Board for the different terms.
- Member of the Mexican Association for the Protection of Industrial Property (AMPPI);
- Founding member of the Telecommunications Law Institute (IDET);
- National Association of Importers and Exporters of the Mexican Republic (ANIERM);
- National Law Center for Free Inter-American Trade (Law and Practice of the North American Committee on Ground Transportation);
- International Trademark Association (INTA);
- American Chamber of Commerce Mexico (AMCHAM);
- Transportation Lawyer Association (TLA);
- Texas-Mexico Bar Association